Sunday, February 04, 2007

earthen memories

i'm scared
i want to stay in bed
and claw my fingers into your sheets
they will pull me out by the feet
kicking and screaming
even if only the child inside

i'm scared
to not feel your hand groping for mine
and only the darkness
carressing and entering me
waiting in the far corner of my lonely room
waiting there since 1969

but i choose to be courageous
to let my fingers design my destiny
to focus not on the worries
and the woman knock knock knocking from inside

instead i'll be brilliant
instead i'll be brandnew
recovering the one i once knew
underneath all the satin rubble and earthen memories

2 Comments:

Blogger artandghosts said...

that was exquisite - im glad you chose to share it:) xxx

Wed Feb 07, 01:45:00 AM 2007  
Blogger marinkel said...

i did hesitate but then i had to... thank you for letting me know! :)

Thu Feb 08, 02:11:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home