Monday, September 25, 2006

birth

thinking of my mother on my birthday. inevitable. though i try to tiptoe around it, she gets me at the heart. and i try to create a conflict so as to get in touch with my true feelings, cause my mind won't let me otherwise.

i don't need a picture of you
to know you
to remember you

you left me here standing alone
on this island
on the edge of the waters
you knew i couldn't cross to follow

you hear me crying
but you won't come back

i wish i could cross the divide
if only with my fingertips

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hmm, i empathize. my sentiments:

The silence that is in his life
Is not a calm residing beneath

The pillar that stands in sandstorms
Shows only pitted flesh on the inside

The serenity that others sense
Are only moments at the end of

Contemplation and before self admonition
There is a hollow work of faith

Still bound to an inherited hope and
Dearly afraid of eventual abandonment

Wed Sep 27, 05:12:00 AM 2006  
Blogger V said...

As always, wonderful photos.
V

Fri Oct 13, 02:25:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Claude said...

Encore merci.

Mon Jan 07, 02:37:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home