Friday, August 25, 2006

tomorrow

I can never go back to the place I started from. All keeps going like a rushing train. Sometimes I even miss the exit sign and I keep going even further. Other times I get stuck in one station after dark and cannot find my way out of it. I run around in the underground corridors. I do not tell stories. My thoughts are my stories. I cannot invent a dialogue. It’s a monologue inside my head talking to no one. No one who’s funny and brighten my mood when I spew my ugly words at you. you who are but a placeholder for the ugly part in me. you who sometimes were the beautiful thing in me. it’s gone now that part. But nothing truly dies so I am waiting at this station for it to come on the next train. There hasn’t been a train in a long while but I don’t give up hope. Once I hear the rambling noise I will my find my way out of this darkness. then I will not need eyes to see. I will follow the sound of the engine. Oh but what if they have invented a noiseless train. A train that no longer whistles. A train that no longer touches the rails. Maybe there have been many silent trains passing the station. Waiting on platform four. Or six, or seven. And I missed them all. I must develop a sense for that which is invisible and that which makes no sound. I mustn’t miss another train. It may just be the last one in this station. Maybe tomorrow already they will decide to tear this place down. I have felt the cracks in the wall, this building is on its last legs. It’s on the outskirts of a nowhere town. There are no tourists, no inhabitants nor any relatives to visit them. my only chance is that this town stays forgotten. That I sense the train coming. With my brand new capabilities. I will be a new being. Tomorrow. Or the next day at the latest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home