Monday, October 30, 2006

apples.

he comes toward me with a pistol swinging in his hand, casually down the side. when he lifts it to show me, i notice the large barrel of it, larger than i had ever seen. not that i have seen so many pistols in my life. i ask, what are you doing with this here? he screams heatedly, they told me he is here somewhere waiting for me with a loaded gun, so i thought i'd bring one to protect myself! i say, no, don't do this, it's better for you to leave. but too late as i see the other one who's face i have forgotten, walking in a quick pace from the backside of the house. he had been waiting beneath the apple trees, starring up at the red marvels hanging high up in the branches, blocking out part of the sun.

now they are standing face to face. i can feel the heated anger emanating from my brother. because he is my brother, you must know. the one who came just to defend his honor and the life of his love. so sudden, i can do nothing, he pulls the trigger and shoots the other in the foot two times. this one yells out in agony. as a shriek escapes my tightening throat he has already shot my brother. has put a large gaping hole into his forehead. my brother's eyes go blank immediately, before he even hits the ground. he is in my trembling arms now. i am crying, whimpering no, no. life flickers back into his eyes, his lips speaking their last words, i shouldn't have done that...

apples.

4 Comments:

Blogger Abadiebitch said...

You need to tell me if this is Fiction or not.

Tue Oct 31, 07:33:00 PM 2006  
Blogger marinkel said...

i guess that's a good sign. yes it is, no worries... :) i get that every time i write about my brother.

makes me wonder sometimes if this all happens on some other plane...

Tue Oct 31, 08:50:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Abadiebitch said...

I'm getting a chest cold, and I hate the world.

Fri Nov 03, 07:39:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Hey there was a good word of the day today:

apocryphal

What do you think? UH? Yeah I thought about you and this story.

Sat Nov 04, 06:13:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home