Saturday, January 13, 2007

sweaters wear well in winter


sweaters wear well in winter
Originally uploaded by marinkel.
i just came across this photo again when i opened my story that i need to finish. for some reason i felt this illustrated my little tale though it is about a young girl and her wicked doll. and i got the feeling that i really haven't done anything better than this picture since. and maybe it's not even anyone's favorite or you don't think it's at all good, but to me it expresses everything that i am. and then i read the caption and i remembered how i had quit my blog so not to hurt someone's feelings and i was feeling a little lost without it. so i began posting more and more on flickr. it's strange how one can get nostalgic for some not so distant time when i do remember i wasn't all that happy then. but the sadness fades and the picture remains. a pretty black and white. a loungy woman in a cozy sweater in a little appartment, not knowing what awaits her. if only i could have that nostalgia for this very moment, i wouldn't need to pine for it in a few months. love this very second as if it were a year from now. what is so wondrous about the past anyway? things weren't any better then.

but what remains is this photograph. and my feeling of having lost something. what am i worried about? someone always returns it to me. whatever i lose, i cannot leave it behind. something always reminds me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jstine said...

Gee, Maren -- I hadn't visited this blog of yours previously. How very sad! It's utterly charming, and yet so different from your Flickr site.

I'm now holed up at the Florida place, hopefully not travelling again in the next month or two. (J is off visiting friends for a few weeks, so I can blog relatively unhindered.)

How are you? I see you called yourself "taken" in the profile. Is that new; has the bf got a new lease on life, or are you still kind of floating? (Nothing wrong with that, God knows, it's where I am, too.)

Do write and catch me up on your travels, including Paris (the computer problem), etc.

Love, G

Mon Jan 22, 07:22:00 AM 2007  
Blogger artandghosts said...

finally located you!
i will be here regular from now on, im sure!

xxx

Wed Jan 24, 07:01:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home