Thursday, April 20, 2006

red velvet


red velvet, originally uploaded by marinkel.

i used to have this puppet theater and put on shows for my sisters, cousins and friends. i could make everyone laugh. sometimes i would just make silly faces sticking my head through the curtains. they were red curtains. i wish someone had held on to my theater. but i thought i can make my own theater now, with taking pictures of things i love. i need not own them, or hold onto them. photographing memories prevents all the clutter in dusty corners. and it shines into the dark corners of your mind.

i sat in the darkened theater after the show. and it felt like i was one of my puppets putting on my own show for no one. no one laughed, no tears rolled. a perfect silent equilibrium. with black velvet curtains and high ceilings where no one had hung their tired body. sometimes someone would walk by and i would listen to the disappearing footsteps like echos from a distant world. lost and found in my own world. no moment has ever been more perfect.

1 Comments:

Blogger V said...

It`s always exciting to stop by & see your new photos. You are very talented.
V

Thu Apr 20, 01:15:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home