Monday, January 02, 2006

such a shame

when a boy sends you the words of a band you love and that he hates only to tell you he loves you. that he is sorry. to ask you to come back to him. that means something. something that i cannot get out of my head. something that makes me endlessly sad to know that things are over. that things happen between people that cannot be undone. but that these are things that didn't have to happen. but for some reason they did. and for some reason they stick in your mind and in your heart much more than the good things that happen too.

i remember the time when we sat in the starbucks on state street. the new one. you know, the nice one. and coldplay was playing. did you hear it too? i remember the woman in her fifties still looking so very sexy in tight jeans and heels. but classy, you know? i already knew it was over then. and now the tears are welling up in my eyes. why is it so hard for me to accept my own decisions sometimes? love does not end.

i used to ask for love. not just ask, but go and get it. because i needed it. because everyone needs and deserves to be loved and to love. then i began to doubt this very truth. became unsure. i tortured you with my doubting. and you couldn't show me enough that you loved me. so you began to show me what i believed. that you didn't. but you did. and you do still. i didn't know this. i don't know anything, still.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Here are some lyrics, that made me think of someone:

Artist: Dido
Song: See you when you're 40
Album: Life For Rent


I've driven round round in circles for three hours
It was bound to happen that I end up at yours
I temporarily forgot there's better days to come
I thought that I would give it just one more chance

'Cause I want tonight what I've been waiting for
But I've found tonight what I've been warned about

You think you are complicated deep mystery to all
Well it's taken me a while to see you're not so special
All energy, no meaning, with a lot of words
So paper thin, no one revealing could knock you down

And I've seen tonight what I've been warned about
I'm gonna leave tonight before I change my mind

So see you when you're forty, lost and all alone
Being comforted by strangers who never need to know
Not sad because you lost me, but sad because you thought
It was cool to be sad
You think misery will make you stand apart from the crowd
If you had walked past me today I wouldn't have picked you out
I wouldn't have picked you out

I wouldn't have picked you out

Now I've seen tonight how could I waste my time
And I'll be on my way and I won't be back
Cause I've seen tonight what I've been warned about
You're just a boy, not a man, and I'm not coming back

And I'm not coming back

What I've been warned about

Tue Jan 03, 10:25:00 AM 2006  
Blogger marinkel said...

i love you. for this. for all you do. you know, it's funny, he's turning forty in a week. and he said he'd never live past forty. so we'll see. and yeah, the people he knows now are not friends...

so true, i temporarily forgot of the pleasures to come. the pleasures i chose to have instead of sadness...

i love you. did i say this?

Tue Jan 03, 06:13:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home